A new podcast that highlights the work of Penn State researchers and how their findings impact communities near and far is now available through central Pennsylvania’s public media station.
WPSU Penn State’s Reach podcast tells the stories of Penn State researchers, their studies and how their work impacts central Pennsylvanians, the nation and world. The new podcast from WPSU — an outreach service of Penn State — is available on the WPSU Digital website and through the station’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
The eight episodes are:
- “Helping Developing Countries,” featuring Jonathan Lynch, Tak-Sing Wong, Jose Duarte and Shadi Nazarian
- “Human and Environmental Health,” featuring Orfeu Buxton, Paul Morgan and Michael Mann
- “Diseases and Wildlife,” featuring Kurt Vandegrift and Marilyn Roossinck
- “Spotted Lanternfly,” featuring Julie Urban
- “Technology,” featuring S. Shyam Sundar and Martin Sliwinski
- “Climate Change,” featuring Michael Mann, Sridhar Anandakrishnan and Ben Shaby
- “Materials and You,” featuring Susan Trolier-McKinstry, Jian Yang and Tak-Sing Wong
- “The Family,” featuring Paul Morgan, Orfeu Buxton and Martin Sliwinski
The podcast relies on the expertise of 16 Penn State researchers from eight colleges at the University: Agricultural Sciences, Arts and Architecture, the Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications, Earth and Mineral Sciences, the Eberly College of Science, Education, Engineering, and Health and Human Development.
Reach shares insights about the collaboration between disciplines, other universities and government agencies.
Visit the WPSU website for more information on central Pennsylvania’s public media station.